Major projects community information portal
This page is your one-stop-shop to find out what is happening with government projects in your neighbourhood, ask questions and provide feedback.
What's happening in September?
Work to deliver the Western Parkland City Aerotropolis is booming! The new Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport is taking shape, and the surrounding road, transport and city building improvements are well underway.
- Transport for NSW
- Construction on the Central and West sections of the M12 Motorway continues with standard work hours between 7am and 6pm from Monday to Friday and between 8am and 6pm on Saturdays. More information about work outside the standard construction hours is on our webpage nswroads.work/m12. If you have any questions, please call the team on 1800 517 155 or email [email protected]. You can stay up to date by subscribing to email updates
- Consultation on the M7 widening proposal and modification report closed on 23 August 2022. We received 39 submissions. The main points raised were about traffic, the shared path and noise. We are working to release the Submissions report in late October 2022. For more information on the project visit the site here.
- Sydney Metro
- Bringelly - site establishment activities and investigations continue at 40 Derwent Road and 215 Badgerys Creek Road
- Western Sydney Airport - Power supply work continues around Badgerys Creek Road
- Elizabeth Drive - Access track works, site surveys, geotechnical and contamination investigations and fencing installation at site compound
- Orchard Hills – site surveys, geotechnical and contamination investigations at Stabling and maintenance facility, as well as power supply works continue
- For more information visit: https://www.sydneymetro.info/westernsydneyairportline/early-investigations
- Department of Planning and Environment
- After listening to community feedback on the draft Phase 2 Development Control Plan, we are now working to update the plan. The plan will be finalised in the coming months.
- Liverpool City Council and Penrith City Council are continuing work to finalise their contributions plans for the Aerotropolis. These are due to be completed in 2022. In the meantime, councils can enter into voluntary planning agreements with developers.
- Sydney Water – Upper South Creek Advanced Water Recycling Centre
- Working with Department of Planning and Environment on EIS approval
- Finalising procurement process to appoint delivery partner for AWRC and pipelines construction
- For more information visit www.sydneywatertalk.com.au/uppersouthcreek
- Sydney Water – Western Sydney Aerotropolis Stormwater
- Reviewing submissions for the draft Aerotropolis Stormwater Catchment Framework and a draft Scheme Plan for the Mamre Road precinct.
- For more information visit www.sydneywatertalk.com.au/aerostormwater
- Western Parkland City Authority
The Western Parkland City Authority hosted a successful cross-agency community information drop-in session on Saturday 20 August 2022. The session provided the Aerotropolis community with easy access to a range of government agencies and an informal forum for discussion, education and information sharing.
It was a pleasure to meet around 100 community members who popped in during the day.
Agencies attending the drop-in session included Sydney Metro Western Sydney Airport, Sydney Water, Transport for NSW, Department of Planning and Environment, Office of Strategic Lands, Western Sydney Airport, Penrith City Council, Liverpool City Council, Western Parkland City Authority and the Office of the Independent Community Commissioner.
- Our State Significant Development application to the Department of Planning and Environment for the Bradfield City Centre's first building is currently under consideration. You can follow progress of our application here.
- If you have any questions please contact the Precinct Manager, Wendy Carlson on [email protected] or phone 0436 690 283
Please click on the icons on the map below to find out more about what is happening in your neighbourhood.
Tell us what you think
If you would like to ask a question, raise an issue or leave feedback please click here.