What is the role of the Western Parkland City Authority?
Western Parkland City Blueprint: Shifting the Fundamentals
- Build for the long term: by bringing forward decisions to avoid costly retrofitting. This will shift all levels of government from incremental planning on a project- by-project basis to establishing and coordinating delivery for long-term investment needs and options.
- Unlock the economic potential of the Parkland City: by shifting to a jobs-led approach to growth and making economic and talent attraction a key component of delivery decisions.
- Align and increase investment in infrastructure: by identifying the infrastructure investment envelope so Government can plan ahead for the medium- to long-term where the Parkland City does not just ‘catch-up’ but leaps ahead as a city ready for the 22nd century.
- Make community central to planning and delivery: by engaging upfront and on an ongoing basis with existing communities as the Parkland City grows and changes to drive equity, liveability and amenity for residents, workers and visitors.
- Recognise the Parkland City as a green, connected and advanced City in its own right: by shifting from a peripheral expansion of Greater Sydney to a Parkland City that driven by innovation, sustainability and a world-renowned city in a parkland.